[BwayDems] PETITION: Denounce the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby Decision & Protect Women's Reproductive Health

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Wed Jul 9 21:41:01 EDT 2014

Friends,

I was extremely disappointed last week to see the Supreme Court announce a ruling in the Hobby Lobby case that will permit employers to interfere with their female employees' reproductive health and freedom.  The Supreme Court, in a majority decision issued by five male Justices, upheld employers' ability to use the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) of 1993 in a completely unintended fashion: allowing corporations to deny women their basic access to reproductive health care.

As you may have seen, I will work with my colleagues in Congress to introduce legislation as soon as possible that will ensure that corporate employers will not be able to interfere with a woman's access to basic contraception.

Please sign my petition to express your disappointment with the Supreme Court's decision and to support legislation that will undo this dangerous and reckless ruling.

 Women and their physicians should be making the decisions regarding their reproductive health -- not their employers.  Join me in calling for action -- it's time to fight back against the forces that seek to limit women's access to health care and stop corporate bosses from forcing their religious views on their employees.
Click here to add your name: http://www.jerrynadler.com/WomensHealth

Thank you for your support.
Congressman Jerry Nadler

PS: Please forward this message to your friends, family & colleagues, using the "Send to a Friend" link below.

Paid for by Nadler for Congress.  Lewis Weissman, Treasurer.

P.O. Box 40
New York, NY 10014

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, click here