[BwayDems] anti-TPP rally (1/31, Queens)

Eric Weltman eweltman at fwwatch.org
Tue Jan 28 16:29:29 EST 2014

[Food & Water Watch] <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=SAkP3nG9uCe7vsN8AeKasg> [cid:BF59AF09-DBE5-4353-9CC9-C93FB1C1EB18 at router32232c.com]

The TPP Threatens Our Democracy and Everything We're Fighting For
Join the Rally to Stop the Fast Track of This Terrible Deal<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=OSVG2MV_ozI1ORCcQhuwcg>

Rally for Your Food,
Your Water and Your Democracy

[Stop the TPP]

Sign up for the rally to Stop Fast Track!
<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=aUic2XVAHhCemL6rgAUpCQ>

Dear Friend,

Time is ticking to stop a bill that undermines our democracy by taking power away from people and giving it to corporations.

Just over a week ago, a bill to fast track the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) was introduced in Congress. The deal, which is being negotiated with over 600 corporations behind closed doors, poses a huge threat to our democracy.
If passed, this deal would allow corporations to sue local and state governments whose laws interfered with their profits. That means that all the hard work New Yorkers have done to pass local fracking bans in the last few years could soon be threatened.
Join us on January 31 in Queens to rally against TPP fast track — your presence could help us defeat this awful bill. <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=9sYfGhGnAfJZdpcGrMeN5Q>

Congressman Crowley is one of only two New York State Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives who has not expressed opposition to fast track of the Trans-Pacific Partnership. We need him to vote no on this bill. Join us to demand that Crowley do the right thing by refusing to sponsor fast track and pledging to vote against it!<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=XyBrzTt4Y81sMWhGvqKRMw>

January 31 is a national day of action against the fast track. Across the country, people will be calling on Congress to vote no on the bill to fast track the TPP. Join us on January 31 at 10:00 a.m. to stand up with New Yorkers and call on Congressman Crowley to vote no on fast track.<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=RblbAozxO-tXRCQPQ34p-w>

We still have time to stop this. Fast-track votes have been defeated in Congress in the past and we can do it again, but we need your help. Let your voice be heard and join us at the stop fast track rally. Sign up to attend the rally today.<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=a5sD8eSY3QsftQOAfoa9WQ>

Thanks for taking action,

Corinne Rosen
Senior Organizer
Food & Water Watch
act(at)fwwatch(dot)org

Donate »<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=Uoz_AgIS60uqKPtHW3rpNw>
VIEW ONLINE<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=bGKULvjXktDrft01ZKfKIw> • VISIT OUR WEBSITE<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=vqPfl7_4QnV6GsVnDr9MKw> • CONTACT US<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=-_UVfE8Q9mB1Npn2hr2YpA> • SHARE THIS:
[On Facebook] <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=WI36oWja5FkW-16sKmiEfA> [On Twitter] <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=PWRaYf4hHAOkZntNjdqEtw>

[cid:D725D2BF-15A3-4380-8C97-FDC97DC21FB4 at router32232c.com]

FOOD & WATER WATCH • 1616 P STREET NW, SUITE 300
WASHINGTON, DC 20036 • TEL: (202) 683-2500

Eric Weltman
Senior Organizer
Food & Water Watch
68 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718-943-9085
eweltman at fwwatch.org<mailto:eweltman at fwwatch.org>
www.foodandwaterwatch.org<http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org>

Join us for a rally against
the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) in Queens on January 31!