[BwayDems] Fw: Winter Storm Emergency Information

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 3 00:04:44 EST 2014

From: Senator Adriano Espaillat <info at adrianoespaillat.org>

Winter Storm Emergency Information
from Senator Adriano Espaillat

Dear Neighbor,

As New York City continues to face severe winter weather, I encourage you to stay safe and stay warm. Here is what you need to know for tomorrow:

MTA Service

Express service is suspended for NYC subway lines. Additional service changes are expected for tomorrow. Click here for the latest updates before leaving the house.

Schools

As of now, New York City schools will be open tomorrow, but a final determination will be made in the early morning. All NYC school field trips, athletic and after school activities for tomorrow have been canceled. Click here for the latest updates from the Department of Education.

Con Ed / Power Outages

While no power outages have only been reported in our area, you can call 1-800-752-6633 to report any issues.

Department of Homeless Services

Because of extreme cold, New Yorkers are encouraged to immediately report any homeless in need of shelter by calling 311, or 911 in the case of an emergency.

Senior Centers

NYC's senior centers will be closed tomorrow, and all New Yorkers are encouraged to remain indoors if possible.

Parking

Alternate side parking regulations have been suspended citywide tomorrow, however payment at parking meters remains in effect.

 For any questions or problems, call my office at (347) 994-8351.

State Senator Adriano Espaillat| 5030 Broadway| Suite 701| New York| NY| 10034