[BwayDems] Tenant Lobby Day - Wednesday, May 22nd

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Tue May 21 17:26:08 EDT 2013

The West
Harlem Progressive Democratic Club invites you and your club members to attend

TENANT LOBBY DAY
WEDNESDAY, MAY 22nd

Right now,
tenants are experiencing unfair rent increases, the New York City Housing
Authority is planning to build luxury towers and further ignore the needs of
working families and low-income people.

Join the fight
by registering for a free seat on the bus as we go lobby more than 30 elected
officials in Albany
to talk about both local housing issues and the need for campaign finance
reform.

CLICK HERE to
register: http://www.whprodemclub.com/tenant_lobby_day

Sincerely,

Corey Ortega
West HarlemProgressive Democratic ClubPresident

Wednesday: Tenants Take Albany
There
are a number of issues facing tenants--among them is the amount of power that
landlords and realtors hold in Albany
because of their deep pockets and our lax campaign finance laws.

Join
the fight by registering for a seat on the bus or calling Senator Dean Skelos'
office at noon on Wednesday. Demand an end to the pay-for-play culture in Albany that the real
estate lobby abuses, and strengthen the Tenant Movement!

EVENT DETAILS
Tenants will hold an
explosive press conference at noon showing the direct link between landlord
cash and Senator Dean Skelos, which we expect to dominate the talk in Albany that day. After
the press conference, we're going to lobby more than 30 elected officials to
talk about both local housing issues and the need for campaign finance reform.

SCHEDULE
8am Buses leave from New York City
12pm Tenant Albany Press Conference
1-3pm Tenants Lobby more