[BwayDems] Campaign and Tabling Activities

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Fri Jun 7 18:12:55 EDT 2013

Hi everyone --

After
consulting with the weather authorities (Chaac, Notus, Lono, and NY1), we are still on for campaigning
tomorrow, Saturday, June 8th. Curtis and Iwill be out at 110th Street and Broadway from 11am to
3pm. We'll probably be somewhere in front of West Side Market but the exact
spot depends on the weather so, just look for us! If we have enough people, we'll send out a second table.

We are carrying petitions for Broadway
Democrats’ endorsed candidatesJohn
Liu, Letitia James, Scott Stringer, Gale Brewer, Cy Vance, Mark Levine, our
local Judicial Convention and CountyCommittee candidates, ourJudicial CandidatesAnne O’Shea, JJ Kelley, Dakota Ramseur,
Mary Rosado, Peter Moulton and Denise Dominguez, and District Leader candidates Curtis Arluck and Paula Diamond-Román.

We
will be campaigning at the same time and place until early July.
We also may also campaign a couple of evenings. Plus, we always encourage
people to petition in their buildings. So, if you can't make it but want to
campaign any of those other times and places, let us know.

In addition, we
have just a few of slots open for Manhattan Democratic County Committee. The CountyCommittee
really only becomes important if there is a mid term vacancy for a public
office when it meets and selects the nominee for the
Special Election. If you’re interested, send us your
address and we’ll see if you live in an ED with a vacancy!

Tabling is always fun, but there is much
work to be done as well. Many of our candidates face difficult challenges.
Under Mayor Bloomberg, Stop and Frisk continues, Charter Schools invade
buildings of long-established public schools, Union rights and civil liberties
are threatened. Our neighbors in Douglass Houses face “infill” of luxury
housing, and Grant Houses may be next.We want to continue our efforts to fight these abuses, to build a stronger,
more progressive Democratic Party, and to continue our success in making the
Manhattan Judiciary the best in the state.
Thank you again for
your support and comradeship!
Paula & Curtis