[BwayDems] JHL Public Scoping Meeting Postponement

Daniel O'Donnell odonnelld at assembly.state.ny.us
Fri Jul 19 14:56:15 EDT 2013

Dear Neighbor,
I write regarding the Department of Health (DOH) public scoping meeting on
Jewish Home Lifecare's (JHL) proposed nursing home. This week I spoke
twice with Audrey Weiner, CEO of JHL, and requested that the July 30th
public scoping meeting be postponed until the fall. As many of you are
aware, I believe that the proposed date did not provide enough time to
prepare valuable testimony nor did it allow participation from all
relevant stakeholders, particularly those in P.S. 163. I am pleased to
announce that as a result of these phone calls, coupled with my July 2nd
letter, JHL and DOH have agreed to postpone the meeting until September
17th.
This is a very important decision, and I commend JHL and DOH for making
it. I applaud JHL for its response to the community and its concern. I
will continue to work to protect our community's health and safety, and
fight for what our neighborhood needs and deserves.
Very truly yours,
Daniel O'Donnell
Assembly Member