[BwayDems] NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR WOMEN ENDORSES GALE BREWER FOR MANHATTAN BOROUGH PRESIDENT

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Mon Aug 26 18:26:20 EDT 2013

 NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR WOMEN ENDORSES GALE BREWER FOR MANHATTAN BOROUGH PRESIDENT

Record of over 40 years of work on women’s issues led to endorsement

(New York) – The National Organization for Women New York City chapter endorses Gale Brewer for Manhattan Borough President.  The NYC chapter of NOW is the largest chapter in the country.

NOW NYC joins the Women’s Political Caucus as the only two women’s organizations who have endorsed in the Manhattan Borough President primary race.  And they join a growing list of community-based organizations that have endorsed Gale’s candidacy.

"I am proud to stand in solidarity with NOW, and have this great organization support my campaign,” Brewer said.  “Since I first became active in civil service over 40 years ago, there were so many issues that women were fighting on a daily basis.  While we still are working for equality, and protecting a woman’s right to choose; to name a few, but we have come a long way.  And each step of the way NOW has been at the forefront of that progress."

"Throughout her distinguished career of public service, Gale has earned the distinction of being a champion for women's rights,” NOW NYC President Sonia Ossorio said.  “With this impressive field of candidates, Gale stands out among them because of her effective advocacy on behalf of women and working families."

Gale Brewer has served the people of New York for over 40 years. Since 2002, she has represented the Upper West Side and northern Clinton on the New York City Council, where she successfully passed the nation’s first law protecting domestic workers, a landmark Open Data law, and many other important bills. With a Master’s Degree from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, Gale teaches Urban Policy at colleges across New York City, including Barnard, Baruch, and Hunter. Gale and her husband, Cal Snyder, live on the Upper West Side where they have helped raised many foster children, several of whom they adopted and are now grown.

For Immediate Release
August 26, 2013
Contact: Adam Nashban, (917) 224-6584