[BwayDems] JHL Public Scoping Meeting Location

Daniel O'Donnell odonnelld at assembly.state.ny.us
Thu Aug 8 15:40:52 EDT 2013

Dear Neighbor,

I write regarding the Department of Health (DOH) public scoping meeting on
Jewish Home Lifecare's (JHL) proposed nursing home. As many of you are
aware, I recently worked with the State Department of Health (DOH), JHL,
and other local elected officials in the successful effort to postpone
this important hearing until September, when many more community members
will be able to attend and participate.

However, with this postponement came the decision from DOH that the
hearing would be held in JHL's auditorium, rather than at P.S. 163 as had
originally been planned. I believed that P.S. 163 was the most appropriate
location for the hearing, especially given its proximity to the proposed
location.

I am pleased to announce that the location for the hearing on September
17th has been restored to P.S. 163.

I thank JHL and DOH for their response to the community. I will continue
to work to protect our community's health and safety, and fight for what
our neighborhood needs and deserves. I hope this information will help
everyone breathe easier in the last few relaxing weeks of summer!

Very truly yours,

Daniel O'Donnell
Assembly Member