[BwayDems] Sign Congressman Jerry Nadler's Petition for Serious Gun Control Legislation

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Mon Dec 17 18:06:53 EST 2012

--- On Mon, 12/17/12, Rep. Jerry Nadler <jerry at jerrynadler.com> wrote:

#yiv375409059 body {font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;}

Friends,
We are all still shocked by the horrible events in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday.  How do we make sense of this awful tragedy and heal?  How do we prevent it from happening again?  I don't have all of the answers, but I do know that those who argue that guns are not a central part of the problem we are facing are simply enabling yet more tragedies.  It is very clear to me that NOW is the time to have a serious discussion on gun control.  NOW is the time to ban assault weapons, which have no reasonable use outside of the military.  NOW is the time to close gun show loopholes and strengthen background checks.  NOW is the time to ban high-capacity magazines that allow innocent civilians to be gunned down casually.
As you may have seen, I appeared over the weekend on MSNBC and CNN advocating for stricter gun control.  Please sign my petition declaring your support for meaningful gun control legislation.  Join me in calling for action -- it's time to fight back against the NRA, and it's time to take responsibility for protecting our children's lives.  We cannot simply accept tragedies like Newtown, Tucson and Aurora as a routine product of modern American life.
Click here to add your name: http://www.jerrynadler.com/guncontrol
Thank you for your support.

Congressman Jerry Nadler
PS: Please forward this message to your contacts, using the "Send to a Friend" link below.

Paid for by Nadler for Congress. Lewis Weissman, Treasurer.

P.O. Box 40
New York, NY 10014