[BwayDems] Fwd: Action Alert: Call your City Council Member!

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:55:54 EST 2011

If you have trouble
viewing the images in this email, please view the online version here.

Action Alert: Raise Your Voice!

Dear Living Wage Supporter,
We need YOU to CALL and EMAI your City Council Member!
Coming off our huge event at Riverside Church and the hearing before the City Council, the time has come to push for a vote of the Fair Wages for New Yorkers Act.
Watch the Video from Riverside.
We currently have a majority of City Council Members supporting the bill, but the only way the bill will pass is if our City Council Members urge Speaker Quinn to support it and pass it!

City Council Members need to hear from YOU!
Right now, the City Council has been hearing from the opposition. Supporters are being lobbied hard to drop their support of the bill. The real estate interests have stepped up their efforts to crush even the most modest attempts to improve the lives of working people.

They think their money is louder than our voices.
But we know better.
Please call your City Council Member TODAY. If you get one of their staffers on the phone, insist that they write down your message and deliver it to the Council Member! Please email us to let us know how the call went: livingwagenyc at gmail.com
And be sure to email your Council Member too!

In Solidarity,
Stephanie Basile & Living Wage NYC
Scroll down for a list of supporters and non-supporters in the City Council. Go to http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml or call us at 212-684-5381 to find out who your City Council Member is.
Here is an example of what you can say to your City Council Member:
For Sponsors
Hi, My Name is ______________________ and I am your constituent.
Thank you for supporting the Fair Wages for New Yorkers Act, Intro 251-A.
Please tell Speaker Quinn to support and pass this bill. Millions of New Yorkers are struggling to make ends meet, and we need this legislation now. Thank you for supporting this and keep up the good work. We’re with you!
For Non-Sponsors
Hi, My Name is ______________________ and I am your constituent.
Please support the Fair Wages for New Yorkers Act, Intro 251-A. New Yorkers can’t survive on $7.25 an hour, and the majority of voters support this billWe need living wage jobs and we need them now! Thank you.

SPONSORS
Bronx
Maria del Carmen
Arroyo 718-402-6130
Fernando Cabrera 347-590-2874
Helen Foster 718-588-7500
G.
Oliver Koppell (718) 549-7300 / (718) 882-4000 x
353
Annabel
Palma 718-792-1140
Joel
Rivera 718-842-8100
Larry
Seabrook 718-994-9900

Brooklyn
Charles
Barron 718-649-9495
Mathieu
Eugene 718-287-8762
Vincent
Gentile 718-748-5200
Sara Gonzalez 718-439-9012
Letitia James 718-260-9191
Brad
Lander (718) 499-1090
Stephen
Levin 718-875-5200
Darlene
Mealy 718-953-3097
Albert
Vann 718-919-0740/ 718-919-0741
Jumaane
Williams 718-629-2900

Manhattan
Gale
Brewer (212) 873-0282
Margaret
Chin 212-587-3159
Daniel
Garodnick 212-818-0580
Robert
Jackson (WH) 212-928-1322 (HH) 212-234-0551
Melissa
Mark-Viverito 212-828-9800
Rosie Mendez 212-677-1077
Ydanis