[BwayDems] Join me in the fight for reform

Mark Levine levineforsenate at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 10:52:30 EDT 2010

Dear Broadway Democrats Member,

You may know me by now from meeting me at your club,
talking to me on the phone, or from the letter I sent you this past
week. I am writing to you today to remind you of Broadway
Democrats endorsement vote tomorrow and to ask for your support.

There has never been a greater need for a new voice in
our State government. The dysfunction in Albany has made it all but
impossible for New York to take on its most serious challenges. That
is why my campaign is driven by a commitment to bringing about ethics
enforcement, transparency and real campaign finance reform.

For my entire adult life, I have fought for progressive causes and am
dedicated to implementing pragmatic solutions to complex problems in
our neighborhood and our city. In my role as Democratic District
Leader, founder of the Barack Obama Democratic Club of Upper
Manhattan, and Community Board Transportation Committee Chair, I have
been an advocate for tenants, school children, mass transit riders,
and senior citizens. And I have stood up for reform of our political
system as the only way to assure a functioning government in Albany.

My work for our community started long before I entered the political
arena. I began my career as a bilingual math and science teacher at
JHS 149 in the Bronx. Working with a group of fellow teachers
concerned that local families had been shut out by banks, I created
Upper Manhattan's first and only community development union. In the
years since, Neighborhood Trust Federal Credit Union has given
thousands of low-income families a place to save their money, and
receive financial literacy training, and has made over $10 million in
small loans, helping residents start small businesses, pay for
education, and more.

Today, I continue my leadership in the education field, drawing in
part on the public policy training I received from Harvard's Kennedy
School of Government. I serve as Executive Director of an initiative
that supports after-school programs in public schools throughout our
district and around the five boroughs. And of course, the education
credential I'm most proud of is that of parent - my wife Ivelisse and
I have two boys who attend PS 187.

I invite you to learn more about my policy and my work in the
community on my website www.markdlevine.com

Tomorrow, you will have the opportunity to cast a vote for reform and
send a clear message to Albany. I am asking for your endorsement to advance
the progressive
causes we have worked so hard on. Please join me in ensuring that our
progressive agenda reaches the New
York State Senate.

Thanks for your support,

Mark

Mark Levine
Candidate, NY State Senate, 31st District
www.Levine2010.com
(347)688-8683
MarkLevineNYC at gmail.com