[BwayDems] Crossing The Hudson

State Committeeman Larry Hirsch larryhirsch08 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 22:42:04 EDT 2010

Friends - I write this to tell you that my family and I will be moving to
New Jersey this summer and thus I will not be running for re-election.
This is not an easy decision but for a number of reasons, particularly
the tight real estate market, it is the right one for me and my family.

First, I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you
for the support and friendship you have shown both during my campaign and
since I took office. You made my election possible and the work afterwards
much easier. The most humbling thing about being a candidate for public
office is the number of people who give of themselves to support you. I will
never forget the kindnesses you showed me in 2008.

The hardest part of this decision was giving up the State Committee seat and
the political and community work that have been an important part of my life
for the past 25 years. This work has shown me the better side of humanity
and the impact grass roots work can make on people's lives. You can be
assured that I will get involved in New Jersey politics and remain visible
in New York as well. I intend to be active in both New York's primary and
general election campaigns this year.

I am glad that my friend of 20 years Dan Cohen has decided to run for my
seat. Dan is a long-time activist and I am pleased to support him.

Thank you again and I look forward to our continued friendship.

Larry