[BwayDems] Tenant Rally in Albany - Tuesday, April 27th

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Fri Apr 2 14:37:55 EDT 2010

Forwarded from Sue Susman . . .

Hi, all.

On Tuesday, April 27th, tenants will be going to Albany on many, many
buses, for a rally organized by the Real Rent Reform / Housing Here &
Now Campaign.

We hope that that day (state budget or not), the Assembly will pass a
packet of tenant bills - including

=> the repeal of vacancy decontrol (including re-regulating apartments
taken out of stabilization since Jan. 2007)

=> the bill to put ALL buildings leaving or that have left
Mitchell-Lama into rent stabilization WITHOUT "Unique or peculiar
circumstances" increases (and rolling back rents in post-1973
buildings to Jan. 2007).

=> and many more.  (Check out
http://www.save-ml.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=283  for
a full list of bills supported by the Real Rent Reform / Housing Here
& Now campaign.)

We need a big turnout of tenants  - particularly from current and
former Mitchell-Lamas.

Can you come that day?   (It's a Tuesday because that is the
legislature's regular lobby day each week.)

I'll keep you posted on when the buses are leaving and from where.  I
assume they will leave early in the morning (like 7:30 AM and return
around 7 PM).

- Sue